List of Breeders in South Africa
|SAGDA BREEDER MEMBERS|
|Carlu||Harlequin/mantle/merle||Johannesburg||Dr Carel Breytenbachemail@example.com|
|Saxony||Harlequin/mantle/merle||Johannesburg||Shannon McKay||No longer breeding|
|Vom Danois||Fawn||Natal||Michelle Geldenhuysfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|NON MEMBER BREEDERS|
|Brukkaros||Blue||Cape Town||Coen & Lana de Klerk||Not breeding anymore|
|Caldy Gate||Fawn/brindle||Cape Town||Belinda Davidsonemail@example.com||www.caldygategreatdanes.com|
|Durwardglen||Harlequin/mantle/merle||Cape Town||Anna van Heerdenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fairmoor||Fawn||Johannesburg||Martin & Leigh Beckmannemail@example.com|
|Gaitewai||Fawn/brindle||Cape Town||Alta Waitfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gatonford||Blue/black||Cape Town||Daniel van Wykemail@example.com|
|Gavelle||Harlequin/mantle/merle||Cape Town||Michelle & Gavin Henderson|
Not currently breeding
|Slagan||Black/blue||Cape Town||Sam van Niekerk||Not currently breeding|
|Toddington||Fawn/brindle||Natal||Bob & Biddy Harmer|
SAGDA does not guarantee the health or quality of any litters bred by individual breeders. Potential puppy buyers are to enquire from breeders specifically with regards to the test results of individual litters bred. Providing the abovementioned information does not confer liability or obligations to SAGDA in respect of any contract entered into between breeders and members of the public.
SAGDA Breeder Members adhere to an additional Code of Ethics.
In addition to the basic essentials (points 1 – 4) a good breeder should also provide/adhere to:
- Appropriate space, food, shelter, veterinary care, environmental enrichment and hygiene for all the dogs in their care at all times.
- Breeding only with adult dogs/bitches – neither immature nor elderly dogs/bitches.
- Not overbreeding dogs or bitches.
- Registration with KUSA.
- Hip & Elbow testing (once off).
- Eye testing (within 12 months prior to breeding).
- Heart testing (within 18 months prior to breeding).
- Thyroid testing (within 12 months prior to breeding).
- Puppies placed on contract with breeding restrictions.
- Puppies can be returned to breeder at any stage of their life.
- Any deposit returned in full if breeder unable to place a pup from the relevant litter i.e. deposits not carried over ad infinitum.